Friday, March 30, 2012

Went to my local big box store and they have a pallet full of "busted bags" of garden soils and mulch. Bought a small pallet of stuff for 10 bucks that would normally run me $44.60, oh yeah, i did the math. I only paid 22% of what it was listed at. Nice. Got garden soil, potting mix and 6 bags of mulch too.

Bought some sweet 100 tomatoes and strawberries too. All/most of the Bonnie brand veggies and herbs are half off till April 1st at Home Depot. Finally, advertisements I hear on Pandora were good for something!

Planted some more Okra (Ferry Morse Emerald variety) today too. 6 holes with 3 seeds each. I did 3 seeds per hole not only for fail-safes in case i have some that don't germinate but also b/c I like to braid them together for added support and it looks pretty :) Oh there will be some jars of Okra some summer. Planted the Clemenson Spineless last time and they came out yummy but I happened to be in a store where they had this variety so i'm like what the heck. From what i remember Ferry Morse was non GMO but they are linked to a French company that participates in biotech, so I donno they might be... sigh.
non gmos and some more

No comments:

Post a Comment