Friday, May 25, 2012

Dismal day... I think I'm just going to wind up pulling up all my tomato plants b/c with all that the bugs have done to them they are just too small and unappealing to actually eat. I've never thought I would be so utterly defeated by bugs. Just sad.

For next time I have to clean out ALL the brush that's growing in my backyard. I'm not sure what it is that's growing back there, but it's extremely tall and multiplies like little plant bunnies. I see the stinkbugs in the thick of them and am pretty sure that's where they're mostly living and breeding. I've never had them this bad and the brush back there has never been this out of control so I'm thinking it's a fitting cause and effect correlation. So weak...

BUT, we've pulled off about a dozen squash already. Countless stir frys have been made :) My red bougainvillea have "bloomed" so to speak and I've gotten some of the angel trumpets to sprout. I'll be very happy to have those back again, as they are just so elegant and pretty. Always gotta look for the silver lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment