Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Rose problems and Misc.

fo I keep having this reoccurring problems with my roses. They keep getting this deep green color on the veins of the leaves. When i looked it up in my garden encyclopedia it looks like a textbook example of magnesium deficiency (literally, they have a picture there!). So i used epsom salts to the soil, like it calls for, at least 3 times and it's still happening. I haven't tried a foliar feeding but i guess thats next. It happens to the rose i propagated thats still in a pot as well as the ones in the ground. I'm at a loss of what to do about it at this point... they are really not doing well.

But on a positive note, the Verbascum is doing very well. I almost killed them about a month ago. I put them in their little SIP containers and that was all well and great but my mistake was that i put them in direct sun. When i went to check the water in the bottom reservoir i finally figured out that the water was very hot, like sticking them in a hot-tub!

So i moved the planters in the shade and what once were crispy, pink and yellow leaves has turned to happy green and healthy again. lesson learned.


The Datura pods are HUGE now. I'm not sure when to pull them off, but hopefully they will start to dry out and crack or show me some signs that the seeds are ready to go. If i try to extract the seeds too early they won't be viable and i surely don't want that. I probably have 6 to 8 pods on there and i won't know what to do with them. seems like a waste to just toss them out...

No comments:

Post a Comment